St. Joseph County has contracted with St. Joe County Recycling (SJCR) to provide two leaf collection passes this fall. Knollwood residents are strongly encouraged to read the details of the contract for themselves at the bottom of this post. Below are some key points of the contract.
- TWO FALL LEAF PICKUP PASSES to be completed as weather permits.
- PASSES TENTATIVELY SET BEGIN ON WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 24th AND NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 28th.
- SECOND PASS begins at the completion of the first pass and proceeds through the townships in the same order as the first pass.
- COLLECTION BEGINS IN MADISON TOWNSHIP and rotates clockwise through Union, Centre, Liberty and remaining townships. All passes have same order of rotation. See map below if you are unfamiliar with where county townships are located.
- ST JOE COUNTY WILL COMMUNICATE TO RESIDENTS online and through all media outlets at the beginning of every pass.
- COUNTY LEAF PASSES not designed to pick up all leaves in county.
- MISSED COLLECTIONS SUBMITTED THROUGH SJCLP.COM.
As the county contract makes clear on page 3, under article 11, “the program is not designed to collect all the leaves in the county due to economic restraints and that residents should seek supplemental service.”
Should you require supplemental service the county has provided as list of regional landscape companies interested in supplemental leaf pickup.
LawnorderLLC, a resident of our HOA said they can accommodate supplemental services that may be needed.
As was pointed out in our 2017 fall leaf pickup notice you can also contact your trash pickup service to see if and how they will accept lawn waste. Michiana Recycling and Disposal has an inexpensive service level that includes their weekly pickup container plus up to five additional bags which may be yard waste. http://michianarecyclinganddisposal.com.
Watch the County website and our website for updates!St Joseph County 2018 Leaf Collection Agreement
Leave suggestions/concerns in the comment section below.